The Design Museum‘s Design Ventura competition winners have been announced and the winners has designed a very simple “Oyster sized Flick Shooter game”.
The competition is one of those that at first instance is not overly impressive but look closer and it very much fits with the ideas and ethos of the IB Diploma program in that often the Major Projects for students do not have to be incredible complex and technically detailed and difficult manufacturing processes to work well and fulfill criteria. Other examples include the Plyano shown below :-
Definitely worth a look – and will be accepting entries for their next competition in May 2012 – just click on this link.
- Design Ventura and Virtual Ventura winners announced (spiriterial.com)
- 8 of the Best Nominees for London’s Design Museum “Design of the Year” Prize (treehugger.com)
- Plans Revealed for New Design Museum HQ in London (bigdesignloves.com)
- The New Design Museum (itsnicethat.com)
- Wind-Powered Land Mine Clearing Device is Nominee for London Design Museum’s “Designs of the Year” Awards (treehugger.com)