edWeb.net features free webinars on a wide range of educational topics including using technology in the classroom.
One example is 6 Terrific Tools to Transform Your 2016 that highlighted 6 tools to expand your ‘digital toolkit’.
- Developing dynamic presentations – Sway
- Creating snazzy graphics and photo editing – Canva
- Absorbing interactive daily news stories – Newsela
- Playing and making educational games – TinyTap
- Getting formative assessment feedback – Kahoot
- Building digital portfolios – Seesaw
Unlike many online presentations that attempt to teaching the tools in a tight time frame, this webinar skillfully presented how the tools can be used in the classroom with useful tips. Learning how to manage the use of the tools themselves can be easily achieved in other ways either by using resources on the websites or watching YouTube videos.
The edWeb.net calendar is filled with free webinars on the 2016 calendar. It is important to sign-up even if you cannot manage watching a webinar at the scheduled time. You will be sent an email link after the webinar so that you can watch it at your convenience.
For those who do watch the webinar, it is also possible to receive a certificate at the end of the presentation.
One of the most popular is Techtools in the Classroom.
Two upcoming webinars sponsored by Techtools in the Classroom community include: