Often it can seem in the small world IB Design Technology teaching that you are on your own – compared to the vast cohort of other IB Science teachers around the world. This however is untrue as the number of schools offering the wonderful IB Design Technology course increases and more and more of these teachers are very willing to place their work and resources online to help both their students but students from around the world.Below are a list of four of the best wikis – full of resources, ideas and support that are excellent if you are unsure of how to conduct or move forward with a particular part of the course, or how to start a specific project :-
- DPTECHECOLE – ran by Johnathan Kelly from the Ecole Mundial World School full of amazing links and resources and updated regularly
- DESTECHWIKI – ran by the larger than life Mark Trumpold from CAC in Cairo and always an interesting read especially as students do contribute to the wiki
- DTATIST – simple but well structured wiki from International School of Toulouse
- MsC-Technology – ran by Jutka Czirok at Sha Tin College Hong Kong – one of the best wikis out there and full of useful information and unit resource ideas
I am sure there are many more out there – or if not why not create your own – and start sharing and collaborating with resources.
- Wikis For The Collaborative Classroom (speedofcreativity.org)