our STAFF make us unique
At Oxford Study Courses we are always on the look out for talented individuals to join the team. If you are enthusiastic, conscientious and particularly if you have an IB background, we’d love to hear from you.
We are recruiting Course Staff for our UK Courses 2020!
Apply: Contact us for a full job description and application form.
We are recruiting Course Staff for our 2020 courses, which take place across Oxford (Spring and Summer) and Cambridge (Summer). We are looking for versatile, enthusiastic, and organised individuals who can use their initiative, enjoy working as part of a team and have a good sense of humour.
Deans are the face of Oxford Study Courses and provide a professional and friendly service to students, teachers and parents. The team of Deans is critical to the effective running and management of the courses.
Course Deans provide support, information and advice to students and teachers from their point of arrival to their departure, on a range of administrative, logistical and pastoral issues. Each Course Dean also takes on a specific area of responsibility, such as activity organisation or office management.
As a member of our UK Course team, you will have the opportunity to develop a range of skills, such as team work, problem solving and leadership. Our deans work hard, but we have great fun and the experience is very rewarding. These positions offer an opportunity for regular employment every Spring and Summer.
These roles involve working long hours and are demanding of time and energy. Shifts can be long; typically around 8 hours, but up to 12 hours on registration days. Training, accommodation and all meals are provided. Wages are competitive.
Spring: Wednesday 1st April – Friday 18th April 2020
Summer: Tuesday 23rd June – Saturday 1st August 2020
A paid training period is included in these dates.
Apply via email requesting a full job description and application form.
Oxford Study Courses is always pleased to hear about experienced and talented IB Diploma Programme teachers (in subjects currently offered), who would like to join our teaching team. If we anticipate vacancies in the subject(s) offered, we may send an application form after receipt of your CV before deciding whether to take this further.
Teachers who successfully navigate the recruitment process will subsequently be invited to indicate their availability to teach with us during our March/April and July/August courses each year. Courses take place in the following locations: Oxford (UK), Cambridge (UK), Boston (US), Melbourne and Sydney (Australia).
Please note that teaching allocations are influenced by immigration status and eligibility.
How to apply
If you would like to apply to join the Oxford Study Courses teaching team, please email a copy of your up-to-date CV.
Teachers who have recent experience as IBDP examiners and/or workshop leaders and have prepared >10 students/year for the DP exams over the last >5 years are preferred.
If your application seems likely to match our needs, it will be reviewed by a member of our Academic Team. If they feel that your experience and expertise meets the high standards expected by Oxford Study Courses, you will be sent an application form and then we will request references.
Teaching roles offer a very competitive teaching rate, professional development and opportunities to interact with outstanding IBDP teachers from around the world.
Why teach with Oxford Study Courses
We work with experienced IB teachers from IB schools all over the world who:
- enjoy teaching small classes of motivated students, usually streamed by grade and option
- love the challenge of effectively teaching and explaining concepts from all parts of the syllabus to students from many different backgrounds
- are inventive, fun and can inspire the very best from students
- have at least 2 years of IBDP experience and strong positive references from colleagues
- are available for a minimum of a 2.5 day course in Spring, or 1 week in Summer; most of our teachers return year after year
- like to produce their own relevant and focused resources
Our teachers are supported in the following ways:
- competitive pay, all accommodation and most meals
- an opportunity to develop your practise; and benefit students in your own school
- networking and catching up with friends and colleagues from other top IB schools
- being part of a highly respected, prestigious, IB revision organisation with increasing opportunities for online and face-to-face teaching
- enjoy an established social programme, including evening social gatherings and social events such as theatre trips
- experience living and working in one of the beautiful colleges or universities in which we hold our courses
- new teachers receive support and guidance from an experienced ‘mentor’ teacher in preparing for their courses and a ‘buddy’ once you arrive
- pre-prepared course material for Pre IBDP classes
- student pre-course questionnaires for Mid IBDP classes so you can plan effectively
- Course Deans who look after teachers to ensure you can focus on and enjoy your teaching
Feel inspired in Harvard University and MIT surroundings and make friends from all around the world. Get ready for the new challenge ahead of you: your first year as an IB Diploma student. Find out more
Build your confidence ahead of your second year as an IB Diploma student. Find your focus in the University of Cambridge's world-renowned Emmanuel College. Find out more
Courses to meet your needs
Discover your potential
Our courses offer the opportunity to discover more about what you love to do and the type of skills you already possess in order to map out your future life goals.
Take on new Challenges
Taking on the IB Diploma sometimes feels like a huge challenge when you’re just starting out but with our Pre-IB courses, you will feel prepared, inspired, and ready to start.
When you start your second year of the IB Diploma, you need to find your focus, filling in knowledge gaps and building your confidence in your subject choices on your way to the specialisation required by colleges and universities.
Preparation is the key to exam success; the more prepared you are, the more likely you will gain the grades you need. With our revision courses, you can tailor your experience to offer the crucial support you need ahead of your exams.