Terms, Policies & Agreements
These terms & policies explain our legal relationship with you in relation to all OSC Courses and study resources.
If you are attending an at-location course, please take a look at your course’s separate Addendum, by clicking here.
In order for a child under the age of 18 to use the Website, we must obtain verifiable parental consent to the information collection practices disclosed in this KCSIE Compliant Policy. Such consent is generally to be collected by OSC which provides access to the Web site for its students. We may not condition a child’s participation in a service or activity on more disclosure than is reasonably necessary.
Parents can (1) review the information that we have collected from their children online, (2) prevent the further use or maintenance of such information, and (3) direct the deletion of their children’s personal information by:
- Calling us at the telephone number provided above
- Emailing us at the above email address, or
- Writing to us at the above address
Parent and Student Responsibilities
- A place on a Course can be booked for themselves by a Student, or on behalf of a Student by their Parent(s). In either case the applicant warrants they can enter into this agreement, must be acting in good faith and both the Student and Parent must be in full knowledge of each other’s needs and wishes.
- The Supplier will send a copy of the application and accompanying terms and conditions to the email addresses provided for the Student and the Parent and will assume that all parties provide their unreserved agreement unless informed otherwise in writing.
- If a Student or Parent notifies the Supplier that they do not agree to the terms and conditions in full, the offer of a place on the Course may be withdrawn by the Supplier. Under these circumstances, no refund of monies paid will be provided unless the notification by the Student or Parent is within the cancellation period as stated in paragraph 5.1.
- The Applicant agrees to pay the required deposit at the time of booking, and the balance of fees by the Final Payment Date. Additional extras added after the Final Payment Date, medical fees incurred by the Student, and the cost of rectifying any loss or damage caused by the Student are payable immediately.
- Whilst attending the Course, Students must behave in a respectful, responsible and entirely legal manner in line with the best practice for online education and as per guidance in KCSIE. In paricular students will:
- arrive on time for all Classes unless they are ill in which case they must inform Staff;
- treat all Staff, teachers and Students with respect and courtesy;
- not consume, or have in their possession alcohol or any illegal and/or intoxicating substances;
- comply with the Student Pledge, the day-to-day rules of the Course and any instructions given by Staff.
- The Parent/Student will be responsible for arranging any insurance cover they wish to have, which may include cancellation insurance which covers them if they are not able to take up their place for any reason.
- It is essential to the safety and wellbeing of each Student that the application form is completed accurately and fully. Students with disabilities or any educational, social, personal, psychological or religious needs that may require special attention are offered the opportunity to provide sufficient information to enable the Supplier to consider whether they can be accommodated within the class or if reasonable adjustments can be made.
- In the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions by Student/Parent, or if the Student engages in any behaviour which, in the Supplier’s opinion does or is likely to prejudice the safety and smooth running of the Course, the Supplier reserves the right to require the Student to withdraw from the Course. In this event no refund of fees will be made for the remainder of the Course.