Terms, Policies & Agreements
These terms & policies explain our legal relationship with you in relation to all OSC Courses and study resources.
If you are attending an at-location course, please take a look at your course’s separate Addendum, by clicking here.
- OSC Courses Terms of Service
- OSC Courses Parental Consent
- OSC Courses Refund Policy
- OSC Study App Terms of Service
- OSC Study App Parental Consent
- KCSIE Compliance
- EU – US Privacy Shield and Swiss – US Privacy Shield
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Cookies Policy
This Page refers to the OSC StudyApp only, for the Parental Consent for the Courses, please click here
- Access to the Application (OSC StudyApp) can be purchased for themselves by a Student if over the age of consent in the country of origin, or on behalf of a Student by their Parent(s). In either case the applicant warrants they can enter into this agreement, must be acting in good faith and both the Student and Parent must be in full knowledge of each other’s needs and wishes.
- All Payments must be made with the full consent of the person holding the account from which the funds are being drawn from, and OSC holds no liability for the gathering of this consent.
Parents can (1) review the information that we have collected from their children online, (2) prevent the further use or maintenance of such information, and (3) direct the deletion of their children’s personal information by:
- Calling us at the telephone number provided below
- Emailing us at the email address below, or
- Writing to us at the address below
Parent and Student Responsibilities
Expectation of Students
- Students are reminded of their obligation to Data Security and we ask that their own specific Log-in and access details are kept secure and not shared.
- All students are expected to participate actively and not to use the software in any harmful way such as in section 3 below
- The Supplier reserves the right to exclude students (without refund of their fees) who do not uphold a reasonable ethical standard which includes:
- Unethical behaviour; and/or
- Immoral behaviour; and/or
- Improper use or abuse of social media, online forums or electronic distribution methods, which defames or brings into disrepute the Supplier or School, or breaches the Supplier’s Safeguarding Policy, (which is located in the Supplier’s online help centre).
- The Supplier will send an order confirmation, including purchase details and accompanying terms and conditions to the email addresses provided for the Student or the Parent and will assume that all parties provide their unreserved agreement unless informed otherwise in writing.
- In the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions by Student/Parent, or if the Student engages in any behaviour which, in the Supplier’s opinion does or is likely to prejudice the safety and smooth running of the Application or Platform, the Supplier reserves the right to withdraw access from the Student to the Application. In this event no refund of fees will be made.