28 June – 10 July 2020
Up to 2-week long course
Taught in inspiring environment
Fees start at €2,300
Discover your potential
Students explore the fundamental ideas of culture, context, and the role of investigation in art-making that is the foundation of IB Art.
Artist-led workshops in art-making techniques include environmental art, photography (iPhoneography, alternative lens-less photo techniques: cyanotype and Van Dyke, pinhole cameras), loom-weaving and fibre art, fresco and sgraffito painting, assemblage and sculpture, drawing and illustration, printmaking and performance art.
Intensive studio time is supported by individual reflection and mentoring sessions. In the second week students develop a personal project with options for installation work. Curating activities lead up to a final exhibition of student work, which is also a celebration of their achievements. Besides enriching their art portfolios through the artist-led workshops, there are sessions on developing the Comparative Study and the Process Portfolio throughout the course so they are better prepared to understand and meet the IB Art course work requirements.
Included in the course
- Artist-led workshops in art-making techniques
- All art materials included
- Inspiring art field trips and visits to local artists’ studios
- Cover the basic skills needed for the IB Comparative Study
- Curate a final exhibition and art opening
- Outdoor installation art
- Small group of art students
- Social activities including inspiration evenings, gelato and home-made pizza tastings, and a final exhibition and party
- On-site accommodation
- All meals included
- 24/7 on-course support staff
Fees per course
- €2,300 per 1-week course (€500 deposit)
- €4,200 per 2-week course (€1,000 deposit)
- €100 Meet and Greet service
You have 14 days to cancel a booking and receive a refund, full policy available here.
La Vigna, Arts Studio
Accommodation is in a lovely farmhouse agriturismo called La Fellonica, in a peaceful, rural setting where students can fully immerse themselves in their creative pursuits and be inspired by the wonderful surroundings in a safe and comfortable environment.