28 June – 31 July 2020
Minimum 1 week course; Maximum of 5 weeks
Taught by teachers from top IB World Schools
Small class sizes allowing personalised feedback
Fees start at £1,890
Find your focus
Based in one of Cambridge University’s colleges, our course is built around a mid-way review of IB Diploma subjects to help you fill any gaps you have in your learning and build confidence in advance of your final year.
Our expert IB teachers from top IB World Schools will work with you to build upon the hard work you have already achieved and get you ready to work towards successful completion of your IB Diploma.
You will gain independent thinking, the ability to collaborate and communicate with your peers from different cultural backgrounds, and acquire leadership skills, essential for life after school. You will take the first steps towards defining a career path.
If you are between 16 – 18 years old and in the middle of studying the IB Diploma programme, this course will give you all the skills you need to find your focus.
IB Diploma main subject options for morning sessions
Tailor your course to your needs using our broad range of subjects. Choose one main academic subject per week with the option of an additional academic subject or skill-based workshop.
- Biology HL/SL
- Business Management HL/SL
- Chemistry HL/SL
- Design Technology HL/SL
- Economics HL/SL
- English A: Language & Literature HL/SL
- English A: Literature HL/SL
- English B HL/SL
- Environmental Systems & Societies SL
- French B HL/SL
- Geography HL/SL
- History HL/SL
- Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches HL/SL
- Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation HL/SL
- Physics HL/SL
- Psychology HL/SL
Additional subject options for afternoon sessions
Second subject options
Choose a second subject during the week, different from your morning option. Keep in mind that the morning classes will go into the subject in greater depth than these afternoon options. The following options will be equivalent to just under 50% of the morning classes.
- Biology HL
- Business Management
- Chemistry HL
- Economics HL
- English A: Language & Literature
- English A: Literature
- Mathematics Analysis & Approaches SL
- Mathematics Applications & Interpretation SL
- Physics HL
Skill-based workshop options
- Calculus Review for Mathematics Analysis & Approaches SL
- Introduction to Calculus for Mathematics Analysis & Approaches
- Introduction to Calculus for Mathematics Applications & Interpretation
- Extended Essay Workshop
- International Relations
- Mathematics for Physicists
- Presentation Skills
- Study Skills and Time Management
- Theory of Knowledge*
- Writing Skills for English A Assessment*
* Please note that options that cover assessable components in the IB Diploma Programme (e.g. Internal Assessments) are designed to develop students’ skills and increase their understanding of the work required; students are not provided with direct support for their personal assessable work.
Included in the course
- 17.5 hour of main subject teaching per week
- Small classes allowing for personalised advice
- Broad choice of subjects
- Content tailored to student needs
- Set and reviewed homework for private study outside class
- Class notes available online
- Participation in University Fair – 17 July
- Accommodation in a single room in college
- Social and cultural activities e.g. sports, river trips
- Breakfast and lunch in college
- 24/7 on-course support staff
Fees per course
- £1,890 per week
- £250 deposit per week
- £590 per second subject option (8 hours)
- £295 per skill-based workshop (4 hours)
You have 14 days to cancel a booking and receive a refund, full policy available here.
You will enjoy your own private, single bedroom. Meet with friends to study, chat or watch TV in the college’s student common room.
Emmanuel College is our main location, but accommodation and classes may also take place at neighbouring colleges.