What is Embracing India?
- A fund raiser for the school that supports an area of the local community
- An opportunity for students, staff, parents and artists from the local community to share their work as an artist or performer
- An event for the entire school, where we can appreciate the community we are part of as a school, but also as a school in Mumbai, India
What does the program include?
1. Theatre HS Students ‘Shelter’ by Simon Bent.
‘Shelter’ is based on the real lives of young people that are living rough in London.
2. Song HS Student “Oh Mio Babbino Caro”by Giacomo Puccini
3. Dance MS Students
The DJ Divas perform to ‘DJ got us falling in love again’ by Usher.
4. Music HS Student Tabla performance of “Teen Taal”.
5. Dance MS Student
Snake Dance – This dance represents Lord Shiva, the king of dance, and his snake
6. Dance Faculty member A lyrical jazz piece performed to Just for a Thrill by Ray Charles.
7. Song HS Student “Someone like you” by Adele
8. Music/Dance Children from a local slum area
Acorn Group will perform a medley of Jai Ho & a Hip Hop number.
9. Band HS Students
‘All these things I’ve done’ by The Killers, ‘Fire’ by Casabian and ‘Crazy’ by Gnarls Barkley
10. Blues No Bar Faculty
‘Killing Floor’, a blues classic by Howlin’ Wolf,‘The wind cries Mary’, a ballad by Jimi Hendrix
11. Aikido-Karate School Security team
The Security Team will show how martial arts can be used in self defence and protection.
How does it link to the IB Theatre Course?
- Exposes students to the local arts in their community and to the country they are living in (TIW, TIP)
- Enables them to work in a production or performance role (TPPP)
- Allows the IB students to work as a crew in production – understanding the needs of other and also articulating their own needs (for the PPP and RI)
- And many more……..